2020 Audition Schedule
No On Stage Auditions Scheduled at this time.
Here is a summary of the type of material we would like our audience to view:
• Family Entertainment – We want uplifting performances that will bring spirits up and engage. Song, dance, song and dance, scenes from a show you have done, comedy, puppetry, whatever! We are also looking for a possible “sing-along” song for the end of the show with families videotaping themselves singing along and then posting the video to our Facebook page. Something like the Carpenters “Sing a Song” could be fun.
• An interesting backdrop. If at all possible, have your video area look stagey, but not cluttered. Perhaps perform in a music room you have, or a library, or a curtain draped to look like you are on stage. If possible, stand up while performing. We want it to look more like you are on stage vs at your kitchen table (unless that works into your act).
• Dress to perform-going back to the fact that this is a show, we hope that you will take the opportunity to “costume” yourself with daytime clothes vs your PJ’s. We cannot have you dress as actual characters from plays or shows to original details due to copyrights for the play or musical piece. We can give you more guidance if you have questions.
• Feel free to add props, like if singing a kid’s song, hold a stuffed animal or in some way engaging the children in the audience. You are all so creative, I know you will have some super ideas.
• HAVE FUN! This is a great time to release all your fears and sorrows and do what you were born to do, make the world a better place. You are so talented!!
So get to work! We want to see YOU on the Bradley Virtual Variety Show!!
For more details, please fill out the form below telling us what you would like to perform on the show. We will be in contact within 3 days with more information.
Please arrive a few minutes before the tryouts begin to complete paperwork (* See Above) , and plan to stay for the entire duration of the audition. Check this site or our Facebook page for information on roles and audition material, or call the Bradley Theatre manager at (860) 928-7887.
Audition material is generally available 2-3 weeks prior to auditions.
Actors cast in our main season productions are required to become members of TNECT.
All auditions are held at the Bradley Playhouse unless otherwise noted.