Volunteering at the Bradley!
Our dedicated team of volunteers are vital to the success of our organization! Thank you for supporting the local arts and TNECT at The Bradley Playhouse! Please fill out our volunteer application below:
Acting, Singing, Dancing! If you’ve never been on stage before, the Bradley is just the place for you to start. Acting, like most other activities, takes practice, and although we strive for excellence, we do not demand perfection. At the Bradley, we play hard, work hard, and laugh hard. We are amateur performers but we strive for top-notch production quality, and collaborate with each other to make sure we all succeed together!
Please come and audition if you have any interest in performing on the Bradley stage. You might find it a great joy to join us regardless of the amount of experience you have.
Behind the Scenes:
It takes many helping hands to keep every show at the Bradley running smoothly. For every actor, there are three unseen heroes generously contributing their time. We are always searching for volunteers willing to help out:
- Set builders and scenic painters
- Stagehands (work backstage moving sets & props)
- Props managers & construction of custom props
- Set Dressers (decoration for variety of sets)
- Make-Up & Hair Artists
- Costumers (finding, creating and sewing costumes)
- Lighting & Sound technicians
- Producers, Show directors, Stage managers, Technical Directors and Pit Orchestra Musicians
Sign-Up to Work a Show:
Lobby Volunteers include: Concessions Stand, Will Call Table, Ticket Taker, Door Greeter, Programs, Main Floor and Balcony Ushers:
- Concession volunteers are required to work prior to the start of a show by making popcorn and selling concessions. They are also required to sell concessions during intermission and must stay after the show to resupply the candy, water and containers, as well as clean the lobby area.
- Greeters, Patron Check-in Volunteers (Ticket Takers), and Will Call will work prior to the show and may stay after the show to help clean the lobby and theatre.
- Program distribution (may be under 18) requires the volunteer to hand out programs only.
- Ushers (must be 18 years of age or over) are required to work before, during and after the show. They help our patrons find their seats, stand at the back of the theatre during the show to assist in case of an emergency, and are required to stay and help clean the theatre after the show.
We ask all our lobby volunteers to come at least 60 minutes before the start of a show. (See individual descriptions on our online volunteer sign up site.) We ask our front of the house volunteers to be dressed “business casual” – professional, yet comfortable. A white shirt/blouse and black pants/skirt or a dress is encouraged, but not required. No shorts, T-shirts, or jeans are allowed.
Most of our volunteers need to be 18 years or older due to safety regulations; however, minors may volunteer if accompanied by an adult. The Theatre of Northeastern Connecticut has a no drug/alcohol policy while working.